Wireless ID

wormscoffer

Wireless ID

Post by wormscoffer »

Hello all

Well, I nearly splashed out on a DFPM after dithering about the "cheap" option of the iBike but I have to say I'm very pleased with it. If for no other reason than I know what headwind I'm cycling into and not imagining the grass at the side of the road leaning towards me when it's not!

I have a slight problem in that every time I download a ride it tells me there's a new wireless ID and asks if I want to add it to my profile. If I say yes it demands to know which DFPM I have and as I don't, I have to cancel. It repeats.

Also, on the display what's the line and one large and two small digits representing under the wattage? I've read through all the PDFs and think I've missed it.

I have an iAero GT paired with a Wahoo Speed/Cadence, Adidas HRM and Garmin 800.

TIA

Andrew
lorduintah

Re: Wireless ID

Post by lorduintah »

Choose other and select OK.

I always wondered about this, too. It goes away with this selection (assuming no DFPM.) Perhaps it would be even better for the choice of NONE were to be included?

Tom
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Next time you set out for a ride do a scan for wireless sensors. You should get SPD, CAD, HR, then you should see PIN OFF and finally POUT ON.

Somehow your unit thinks it's got a DFPM paired, so... make sure there are no DFPMs around from other riders and you should get PIN OFF (Power In Off) then POUT ON (Power Out On) to send the power data to the Garmin. When you download you'll get a message about new ids and now you can select to attach to your profile. However there will no longer be a DFPM associated with it, hence no future warnings.

Make sense?
Fernando
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Fernando -

I only see POUT, but when IDs change I can get the DFPM question in the iBike software anyway. I am not around any DFPMs - usually riding alone. But it still can happen - although I will say not every time ids are updated.

Tom
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

lorduintah wrote:I only see POUT...
Do you have an iAero or iPro?
Fernando
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Fernando -

I only have an iPro - so the PIN not showing up is probable. The software still catches the DFPM identification... so maybe this is a little bug?

Tom
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

I did find a bug that would cause the dialog asking for DFPM unnecessarily. It will be in the next build. Also, I've changed the dialog so that you can tell it you don't have a DFPM.

Travis
wormscoffer

Post by wormscoffer »

I didn't get any notifications of posts to this thread so rather surprised when I took a look it had seen some activity.

Anyway, sync'd a couple of rides yesterday and didn't get any prompts this time. I has happened every time before.