new set up wizard and processing the cal ride

andrewhk

new set up wizard and processing the cal ride

Post by andrewhk »

I used the new set up wizard this morning and then did a cal ride. I did not do any coast downs. The cal ride downloaded ok but appears with the profile name DFPM fit: 6/25/11 - I am not using a DFPM and never have. Step 2 re selecting a DFPM is greyed out. I highlight the ride as per step 3 and then nothing happens. The calculate button in step 4 stays greyed out and the aero, fric, Cda and Crr boxes stay as NaN. What am I doing wrong?
Andrew
racerfern

Re: new set up wizard and processing the cal ride

Post by racerfern »

Rather than Download Cal-Ride and Coastdowns, click Device > Startup Wizard. With your iBike attached click on the iBike is attached button and follow the process. It will confirm your metrics then click on Keep previous cal ride. Check your most common riding position and your CdA will be determined. Finaly, you send the profile to the iBike.
Fernando
andrewhk

Post by andrewhk »

Thanks Fernando. Knew I was missing something!
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

I updated my profile using the new "set up wizard". I selected "yes,keep previous cal ride", changed mount type to "rechargeable" and changed riding position to "hoods, elbow bent". After selecting the new choices, the values of my aero and cda has changed to at least .20 less. The fric about .038 less. Values changed when I selected "hoods,elbow bent". Is this enough to give me new watts and throw off my previous tests?

Here is one of the profiles I changed for commuting:

old aero .435 new aero .411
old cda .323 new cda .305
old fric 4.926 new fric. 4.888

wind scaling stayed the same - 1.346 , crr stayed the same .0055