Ibike doesn't switch on anymore

DIMI

Ibike doesn't switch on anymore

Post by DIMI »

When placing the my Isport on my bike last winter it fell from my hands and the case got an small crack in it, no problem a little taep and no worries because it didn't seem to influence it's functioning, two weeks after that I was in a crash where I could remain riding on my bike were mysteriously enough the Ibike was hit from my handlebar, probally by the back wheel flying around of somebody more unfortunally then me. After searching for a while we found it again, The Isport was still working so no problem again.
After the two hits I wanted to calibrate it again just to be sure but In that winter period it was quite difficult to do that it because of the weather conditions, I did start to give me some strange readings every now and then and I decided to remove the Ibike from my bike in order to put it back in the spring/summer and do an propper calibration then. Today I tried to install it again and went out for an calibration ride. When was on my 1,6 mile strech of straight road I wanted to switch the Ibike on in order to calibrate it but then nothing happened! I put in two new batteries beforehand in order to be sure that it would function, but at that moment and ever since it won't come to life, Can anybody help me with some tips and tricks in how to get it functioning again?
DIMI

Re: Ibike doesn't switch on anymore

Post by DIMI »

Strange I've bought an 10 batteries package some time ago and after reading around on the forum I decided to test my dead Ibike with some other batteries. The first one made contact and numbers were visible, but after trying another new battery to test werther this was the reason of not functioning they the Ibike remained dead with all 13 batteries, even with the one battery in which it first functioned when tested today!?

So it's not completly dead but, just not propperly or working as it should be at this moment? can anyone help me?
DIMI

Post by DIMI »

After switching batteries numerous times I found one that makes my Isport work, strangly enough it only works with this battery, when I try to convince myself that the problem is solved by putting another battery in the device stays dead. The problem seems to be something with the battery anyone any suggestion or tips? because the now functioning battery is going to wear out eventually and I also don't want to hope and pray that it works every single time when I switch the device on.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you dropped it you should return it to us. Something may have been bumped around and we will figure it out.
John Hamann
DIMI

Post by DIMI »

Thank you, as it seems there was a problem with the 10 pack of batteries I bought, as it seems you can't store them together in an small bag like I did because they will wear each other out as I've been told today by some techno shop guy. I bought two new batteries and the isport now starts as normal. Before I'll sent it back I'll first give it another try with calibrating, if the numbers still don't feel correct I'll sent it back to you to have it checked out.