Condensation

whftherb

Condensation

Post by whftherb »

I was out riding the other day with my iBike Gen III Pro. I got caught in a mini-rain storm. It then turned humid after I got out of the storm. Condensation gathered on the inside of the iBike and covered the bottom third of the screen. After about 10-15 minutes, air and temperature apparently got inside and cleared off -most- of the condensation. But what was left was two "water stains" on the plastic screen inside the unit. The two are now more of less a permanent feature on the bottom left hand quadrant.

I'll bet there's no way to get those water stains off the screen. Or is there?

H
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Condensation

Post by Velocomp »

Bring it to our factory! :-)
John Hamann
jesawdy

Re: Condensation

Post by jesawdy »

It is my understanding that weatherproofing of iBike units has improved over time... not having ever had one apart, I don't know if water in the wind port would ever result in condensation on the screen or not. It is recommended that you not continue to use the unit in rain as it may cause eventual damage to the board.

My unit was getting condensation under the screen and it was clearly a leak around the LCD bezel. For many months, if it rained, I left the iBike off or it went into a plastic bag in my jersey pocket.

I recently sent my unit to John at iBike for new plastics, and turn around time was 1 week (total, I sent it via UPS on a Monday afternoon, and received it back on a Monday AM, thanks John!). No chance to try it in the rain yet (well, there was a chance, but I wasn't going to ride in it :lol: ).

See this post for costs, if not covered by warranty - Cracked case after 1 yr