Bad battery read when voltage >275 watts

mirandag_01

Bad battery read when voltage >275 watts

Post by mirandag_01 »

Recently the batteries in my iBike seem to have been only lasting one ride. I get a bad battery read and the iBike loses pairing with the wireless sensors. When I check the voltage it is always higher than 275 watts. What can I do????
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Bad battery read when voltage >275 watts

Post by Velocomp »

If you're riding in cold weather, CR2032 batteries will quickly lose their oomph after a few hours of riding. You'll need to replace the batteries, but save the old ones for springtime. As soon as the temperatures warm they will come back to life.

You can purchase CR2032 battery packs here at low cost:

http://www.ibikesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=16

Also, check out the new rechargeable mount, here:

http://www.ibikesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=102
John Hamann
Farshad

Post by Farshad »

I changed the battery to the main unit (ibike Pro) and the speed sensor but not the wireless base and within 20 minutes of riding in 50F temperature the message of "Speed fail" was shown. Is this because of the wireless communication failure and low battery power in the wireless unit?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Farshad wrote:I changed the battery to the main unit (ibike Pro) and the speed sensor but not the wireless base and within 20 minutes of riding in 50F temperature the message of "Speed fail" was shown. Is this because of the wireless communication failure and low battery power in the wireless unit?
Most likely yes. Just to make sure change the wireless head battery and you should see a significant difference. At 50F your batteries should be good for hours and hours.
Fernando
TriBike

Post by TriBike »

Batteries tend to regain a slight amount of charge between uses, however, as soon as you begin using it, it drops below a critical level. I would recommend starting fresh with a New Battery, in both the iBike Unit, and the Wireless mount. If you want to conserve the most battery. Be sure that the "Int Rec" is set to 5 sec. This should give you about 50hrs of ride time on a battery in fair weather. Keep me posted, and if you continue having an issue, contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

TriBike wrote:Batteries tend to regain a slight amount of charge between uses, however, as soon as you begin using it, it drops below a critical level. I would recommend starting fresh with a New Battery, in both the iBike Unit, and the Wireless mount. If you want to conserve the most battery. Be sure that the "Int Rec" is set to 5 sec. This should give you about 50hrs of ride time on a battery in fair weather. Keep me posted, and if you continue having an issue, contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com.
Does it mean that using Garmin fw and a Cycleops' head unit the latter also gets the power data from iBike just in every 5th sec if Int Rec is set to 5?