AUTO CAL WIND - ABORT

longinthetooth

AUTO CAL WIND - ABORT

Post by longinthetooth »

4 out a 5 times when I wake up my ibike the battery test is 'good', but the Auto Cal Wind 'Abort'.

I have tried cupping my gloved hand in different ways, also plugging the hole by using my ungloved finger across the hole to ensure total closure, but these don't seem to make a difference. Hate these seemingly random events!

Is the Aborted Auto Cal wind having detrimental impact on the subsequnet operation of my Ibike? If not I guess I don't need to worry too much about this.

On the other hand if it is having a detrimental impact, what ought I do about it?

At the end of a ride I tend to turn the iBike off - Setup, Battery, middle button. (Seems a bit of a longwinded way to end a ride? But I don't see the point of leaving it on while having a muffin with pals, then carry on the return ride!)

P.S. I keep the software/firmware up to date.
lorduintah

Re: AUTO CAL WIND - ABORT

Post by lorduintah »

Physically plugging the port will lead to issues as the sensor is really pressure sensitive.

If you cannot get the abort to go away - try going in to setup and then to the wind zero screen to get the metering zeroed by pressing the center button. It is best to try and do this out of the wind - say just inside or anywhere you can get out of most of the wind. All else failing you can put a baggie over the iBike while zeroing it.

Tom
jesawdy

Post by jesawdy »

I don't wonder if you are registering a center button press somehow when this happens?
Hitting the center button during a Wind Cal will abort it.
If I am understanding you, this is occurring mid-ride when you turn off for a mid-ride break. Is that true? Or does it happen other times too?
longinthetooth

Post by longinthetooth »

Jesawdy - The instructions say to put the bike outside and let it aclimatise, then do the Wake Up.When I wake up the iBike, before I even set off, ie, the completely Automatic process, of Battery test followed by the Auto Cal Wind, the latter aborts!!!!

I am trying lorduintah approach of doing the wake indoors while putting my helmet on, and that seems to work better, it doesn't 'abort' instead saying 'done'. So I shall stick to that routine as often as I can.