Ibike Freaking Out

hakuna

Ibike Freaking Out

Post by hakuna »

I have an ISport that I upgraded to full wired status with cadence. It has worked flawlessly for about a year. Now, however, it has started messing up. First, it burns through batteries...in the heat of summer (I know it does that when it's cold). I think it is actually draining the batteries when it is OFF, but I'm not sure. All I know is that I get a "Battery Bad" message in just a few rides. Second, it started losing rides. It would have an earlier ride, miss a ride then have rides. This morning I cleared the IBike's memory and rode my 10 miles to work...it recorded a 6 mile ride, THEN recorded a 10 mile ride. When I looked at them in IBike for Windows, the 6 mile ride was the first 6 miles and the 10 mile ride was the last 4 miles of the same ride. Where it split the rides I had no stops or other events that would have caused it.

What should I do? I thought about reloading the firmware, but I can't seem to be able to do that since I'm already on the most recent version.....

Thanks for any help you can give,
Gary
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Ibike Freaking Out

Post by Velocomp »

When battery voltage goes low the FW splits the ride file in two, so your 10 mile ride becomes a 6 mile and the split-off 4 mile ride.

If you think your iBike is eating batteries then send it to us. Include shipping address and a description of its problems.
John Hamann