How to Get iBike Working

droe

How to Get iBike Working

Post by droe »

Can not get iBike working, when I go to connect just a number 1 shows up. Followed other forum post and none seem to work. Working on it for 5 hours, not counting the countless hours in the last 6 months. I can not understand how you can sell something the does not work. The drives are a sorry excuse. What do I need to do step by step to get this thing working? The only reason it has not hit the trash can is that my Garmin 705 stores the power, other wise I would have run my car over it. I should not have to waste and I mean WASTE my time on this. It all started with the last iBike update. I have a MacPro 2 x 2.26 Quad 12 GB of memory OS X 10.6.4. This should have been tested before it was released. Sorry to sound off (not really sorry), but I do not have time to play with this.
lorduintah

Re: How to Get iBike Working

Post by lorduintah »

Runs just fine on my Mac Pro Quad 2.66 GHz. Make sure you have not added something in the Network Preferences - this is a USB driver, but the Mac OS can interpret things as a different driver. The Application is just a plain old Mac program. (Don't blame Velocomp, iBike on Mac for this problem - it all sits in National Instruments' lap!)

1 - Install the software properly. Run the Installer, but do not start the second (USB) install (which WILL open an install dialogue in the middle of the first install) until the first one completes. When the program is installed - then work through the second.

It may also help to Repair permissions and reboot after the install. This can be an issue with any software that you put on a Mac system.

2 - There is a small chance you may need to remove the National Instruments files from your system. This can be a little intimidating for the UNIX unaware. If not there is a folder in your Applications folder - called "National Instruments". In it there is an uninstall text file - it only tells you where the files are - it does not run a script on how to navigate nor delete all the files. You will end up using the console or a terminal window to complete that.

3 - Try 1 first.
4 - Travis Pape is the one in support who can help if the install continues to fail. John will likely chime in soon to get you in contact with Travis. You can find Travis on the member's list and send him a message directly.
droe

Re: How to Get iBike Working

Post by droe »

Thanks for the help. I'am a Mac developer, part of the ADN and Unix certified. What get me is I have installed and uninstalled everything except for the iBike software and still nothing. I am going to try from scratch by deleting everything and see what happens. I do no that SI Labs drivers are the pits, having to deal with them on my G-Tech Raid. You would thing that SL being out for so long the drivers would be pretty much up to date. I am just frustrated and do not mean to take it out on iBike (John has been very nice to deal with), it just not the Mac way to have this much trouble. I spend more time trying to get this to work than riding my bike.