Keep Losing the CPX Port

AndrewK

Keep Losing the CPX Port

Post by AndrewK »

Hi

I keep losing the CPX Port and therefore cannot communicate with the iBike.

A reboot immediately fixes the issue but sometime during the Windows session, it is gone again!!

Any thoughts???

Thanks

Andrew
Lorraine

Re: Keep Losing the CPX Port

Post by Lorraine »

Have you installed the latest version of the Firmware? I was having trouble losing the port - didn't need to do a re-boot, just shut down iBike and it would usually find it again,(frustrating though!) but since installing the last firmware version its been quite stable. I did actually re-install the Drivers as well, as when looking under Hardware Manager it wasn't showing the Silicon Labs Driver - just the Microsoft one. The Device was showing even when it wouldn't make a connection.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I saw this problem on a laptop. The issue was that the USB connector was loose in the port and when the customer moved his iBike the port connection would be broken and he'd have to relaunch.

The simple fix is to connect your iBike to the USB adapter, turn it on, plug it in,then don't touch it while running iBike 2.
John Hamann
AndrewK

Post by AndrewK »

Hi

The USB cable is plugged into its own slot and the computer is never off. When I connect the iBike and then run the software there is no communication until I reboot and the port appears again.

I do have the latest firmware.

Hmmm.

Andrew
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Post by Site_Admin »

Call me or e-mail me off-list and we'll troubleshoot.
AndrewK

Post by AndrewK »

Hi

I wondered whether the USB port was defective after John's post. I moved the cable to another USB port on my computer and so far so good.

If recurs will email or call.

Thanks

Andrew