iSport Temps gone crazy

cyberbillp

iSport Temps gone crazy

Post by cyberbillp »

Sitting in my living room, my iSport is saying 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Can I recalibrate this somehow?

It got moisture inside last week end, but it's dry now. Also seems to be devouring batteries.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iSport Temps gone crazy

Post by Velocomp »

Send it to us and we will take a look.

High temperatures are indicative of low battery voltage.
John Hamann
cyberbillp

Post by cyberbillp »

Thanks for repairing my iSport But....

The one you sent me will not connect to my Garmin Speed Sensor. I have two bikes and two spd/cadence sensors, and I've tried both, and replaced batteries in both and I checked them by using my Garmin and the Garmin connects to them fine. The iBike is also not connecting to my Garmin, though that might be normal if it can't detect the Speed Sensor first.

I've put new batteries in every component (iSport, Mount, both Speed/Cadence Sensors), and I reversed the battery in both the iSport and the Mount. What else can I try? This setup used to work. I can only guess I got a defective unit from repair.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

No, you got a new unit.

The problem is that we did not know your old unit had Garmin FW installed in it. We did not install GT firmware in your new iSport, so that's why it doesn't work with your sensors.

When returning a unit for repair it's important to know if any options are installed in it. That way, we can install options at the factory if needed.

Unfortunately you will need to send us your unit so we can install the Garmin FW in it.

Alternatively, if you have a friend who has an iPro or an iAero you can send us your serial number and we can email the GT key.
John Hamann
cyberbillp

Post by cyberbillp »

If I buy the Ibike Pro upgrade, will I be able to fix it?
http://www.ibikesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=66
Russ

Post by Russ »

Hi Cyberbillp,

Yes you can, after you buy the upgrade, velocomp sends you a USB dongle that has an iBike connector just like the one on your bike. You send in your serial number and John will send in the keys.
One key for the iBike Pro upgrade and one key for the Garmin stuff, using the iBike for Windows (or for Apple) software.

Russ
cyberbillp wrote:If I buy the Ibike Pro upgrade, will I be able to fix it?
http://www.ibikesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=66
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The least expensive thing to do is send your iSport to us. We will turn it around the day we receive it. You live in Florida so you will receive the unit the day after we ship it back.

The next least expensive thing to do is purchase a USB adapter ($75). The USB adapter, in combination with the free iBike software, will allow you to send us your serial number and for us to email you the GT key.

Or, if you purchase the iSport to iPro upgrade, you will get the USB adapter and software and iPro upgrade key. We will also send you the GT key.
John Hamann
cyberbillp

Post by cyberbillp »

Been meaning to get an RWS anyways. Ordered the USB and RWS. Thanks.