Rides show up in memory, but can't download

triadamlete

Rides show up in memory, but can't download

Post by triadamlete »

Hi! I seem to have a number of issues connecting my iBike. I often have to restart my computer for it to pick it up. When it does connect, it shows that the iBike memory is 40% full, but there are no rides to download (list is empty). Any idea why this is? It's frustrating as I can't download any of the data. I've attached an image.

Adam
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-08-14 at 1.09.24 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-08-14 at 1.09.24 PM.png (44.9 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Rides show up in memory, but can't download

Post by Velocomp »

Travis will email you.
John Hamann
triadamlete

Post by triadamlete »

thanks John. Checked again today and same issue.

By the way, I've also learned that iBike does not want to work on my Mac when a Garmin Ant Stick is ALSO plugged in. The computer freezes every other time, and for the other half, it doesn't want to recognize the iBike. Don't know if other users have that issue, but I know removing the ANT stick helps my computer recognize the iBike

Now if only I could get the ride data off it...
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

It really is not the Mac nor the iBike, but rather the National Instruments software. That is where Travis will be able to help you out. The NI software is VERY SLOWLY evolving. They probably do not have a serious group of programmers dedicating much time on the Mac platform - dumbsh&&s.

It does depend on some other possible software you have installed - Garmin software is notorious for being on the brink of killing a Mac - it is not very well written.

So you have a couple of packages that are not really ideal in terms of well written Mac applications or add-ins as far as USB drivers and the like.

Otherwise, I hope you are up to date with the Mac OS system software.

Tom
triadamlete

Post by triadamlete »

Thanks Tom! I am up to date on mac software. And I'm extremely frustrated with the garmin ant agent. It seems to be very temperamental!

I know it's not the iBike - it's this communication software. Looking forward to hearing from Travis. In the meantime, I'm uninstalling the USB drivers and reinstalling. This has worked in the past and I'm hoping it works again. We'll see.

Adam
triadamlete

Post by triadamlete »

FYI in case anyone comes across this post, reinstall worked using the USB installer and Cardinal uninstaller located in a previous post of mine

http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1670