New USB Adapter Software for Mac

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

New USB Adapter Software for Mac

Post by Velocomp »

Mac_OSX_VCP_Driver.zip
(351.85 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Silicon Labs (the maker of our USB adapter chip) has announced new Mac drivers that (supposedly) are compatible with problematic installations of Snow Leopard.

I can't vouch for these new drivers, because my older Si Labs USB drivers for Mac work just fine with SL.

IF you are having problems with iBike Mac software connecting to your USB adapter, and IF your problems are related to Snow Leopard, then try installing the new USB drivers attached to this post.

After unzipping the drivers install them in the usual way, then restart your Mac.

NOTE: IF YOUR USB ADAPTER IS WORKING WITH YOUR MAC, THEN DON'T INSTALL THESE DRIVERS: WHY MESS WITH SUCCESS? :D
John Hamann
2old2fool

Re: New USB Adapter Software for Mac

Post by 2old2fool »

I've been an iBike Pro user for a long time and just got a 2nd iBike Pro for my wife. I also just got a new 'Sandy Bridge' MacBook Pro and migrated my iBike 5.0.8 installation and files to the new MBP. While iBike 5.0.8 launches and runs fine, clearly the drivers don't. With the iBike (current firmware) plugged into the USB port, any selection from the Device menu crashes the iBike application instantly.

This happened before I installed the drivers here and after as well. There's much written elsewhere on this forum thread about frustration with the drivers past and present and I know Velocomp relies on 3rd party drivers. But I'm an IT guy and a Mac user since 1984 and if I can't get this working on my new machine, I hate to think about less technical folks just wanting it all to work so they can ride their bikes.

That said, I'm wideopen to suggestions on what to do next. If it would help, I'll happily send Velocomp the crash reports Mac OS X generates each time iBike crashes. As of now, I have to download from the iBike on my old Core Duo MBP and transfer the files to the new 'Sandy Bridge' MBP.

WHAT A PAIN.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New USB Adapter Software for Mac

Post by Velocomp »

Travis will sort you out with all this. You need more current drivers that are compatible with your 64 bit Mac.
John Hamann