iBike Software Won't download profiles / rides

triadamlete

iBike Software Won't download profiles / rides

Post by triadamlete »

I'm a bit confused at the moment. When I go to the device, download ride data, it shows the iBike is 16% full. however, it will not download any ride data. It will also not recognize any profiles from my iBike when i go to edit profiles and then say extract from iBike (i get an error communicating with iBike after it's done thinking for a bit). I'm guessing this is an easy fix. I've done the calibration ride, but I have not done any coast downs. When i click on download coast downs and calibration ride, i get an error downloading ride list (image copied in below)

Note this is on a Mac. I will try on my PC at work today

UPDATE: I tried on my PC at work and had no problems, so I think this is specific to one of the MAC drivers. Any advice?
Adam
Attachments
Error on calibration ride
Error on calibration ride
Screen shot 2010-07-27 at 8.24.43 AM.png (26.92 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
lorduintah

Re: iBike Software Won't download profiles / rides

Post by lorduintah »

Which operating system are you running on your Mac?

You may have to go through a complete uninstall of the National Instruments files and re-install from a fresh download of the software on the iBike site.

There should be a folder in your Applications folder with NI VISA in the name. Inside is a file that details all the files and locations that get installed. Right now only a manual method exists to remove everything - you will have to even use Terminal to navigate to some locations to remove the files - I hope you know a little about UNIX.

Tom
triadamlete

Post by triadamlete »

ugggh, i'm using 10.6.X (most recent snow leopard).

Don't know much about unix. You can't navigate to all those folders via finder? nice thing is, I can at least transfer on my work PC and email files back and forth for the time being, but still a pain.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please check my Snow Leopard posting of July 5 2010, here:

http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 227&p=9302
John Hamann
triadamlete

Post by triadamlete »

Thanks John. I definitely found that and tried everything in it. Nothing worked. The strange thing is that I do not have a National Instruments folder in my Library/Application Support - it makes me think it did not install correctly if I can't find the files to uninstall.

Aaron Timmer sent me an uninstall file to try called Cardinal OSX. When I tried to use it, it said nothing was installed (which I don't really understand since the device was connecting via the USB port). I then went and installed the USB package he sent me as well as the install version of the Cardinal OSX. That worked. I've attached in case anyone else comes across this thread. So yes, I am good to go. Thanks again for the help!

:D
Attachments
USB Adapter Driver Installer.mpkg.zip
USB Adapters
(87.65 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
cardinal-osx-V1_00e-release.zip
Uninstall File
(68.96 KiB) Downloaded 342 times