Wireless Mount Defective?

jlbeau

Wireless Mount Defective?

Post by jlbeau »

Before buying a new wireless mount. How can I be sure that it is defective. Here is what I know: On my ride last night about 2/3 through the ride I saw a "SPD Fail" message. Thinking my sensor may have moved or a battery died I thought nothing of it. When I got home I repositioned the sensor and heard the clicking sound. I woke up the Ibike and the sensors (by spinning the cranks) and still had a SPD Fail but now I could not get my CAD or HRM sensor to work. I hard reset all 5 sensors and replaced all 5 batteries. I started to re-pair the sensors. I have tried this a number of times. Each time when I scan for the sensors I will always get a SPD Fail message and no other sensors will be found. It is like the scanning process stops once the SPD Fail message appears. The unit will power up when I wake it and go through the battery test and will go through the auto wind, but just won't pair in the scan process. Is this a defective mount or something else? Thanks.JIM
jparker

Re: Wireless Mount Defective?

Post by jparker »

Easiest way is to put your ibike computer on the mount-go into the set up- go to the battery volt screen and see if you volts go up. If they don't go up then your mount is not working. You should always get a little boost of voltage from the wireless mount. I had a mount go bad and it actually pulled voltage from the ibike computer and it would kill the battery in it in less than a day. You can also use a volt meter if you have one to check and see if the mount is putting out any voltage. I think with a new battery it should read somewhere around 2.2 volts. Hope this helps.
Russ

Re: Wireless Mount Defective?

Post by Russ »

If you search this forum, you may find more tips to check.
The one I remember is that sometimes the battery compartment contact pressure drops such that the battery no longer is making contact. I think one fix was to put a layer of folded paper behind the battery (between the battery and the cover) to increase the contact pressure, easy to try.

Regards,
Russ