Wired & wireless

cwwees

Wired & wireless

Post by cwwees »

Can I use a Gen iii unit on two bikes - one with a wired connection and the other with a wireless? How do I load both profiles into the unit and know that I've done so?

I can load the wired profile in and ride - fine... But if I load the wireless profile, I can't get the unit to recognize inputs from the wired sensor unless I reboot it (via shorting out the battery terminals).

Charlie
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Wired & wireless

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, you can use your iBike with a wired and wireless mount, and it is easy to do.

Here's what to do:

1) Go in to setup and click the down arrow until you come to "Set Prof". Click the center button. Most likely it will say "Prof 1". Click the center button again to accept. Your iBike is now set to the profile 1 position

2) Now, connect your iBike to the mount you're using and perform "Scan". It is necessary to do a Scan even if you're using a wired mount. If you're doing a Scan with a wireless mount, make sure to activate all your sensors prior to performing a Scan.

3) Next, perform the Fast Start steps for your bike.

4) Finally, perform a Cal Ride. Your first bike is now completely set up, and its critical information is stored in profile 1.

5) Go in to setup and click the down arrow until you come to "Set Prof". Click the center button. It will say "Prof 1". Click up arrow so the screen says "Prof 2". Click the center button to accept. Your iBike is now set to the profile 2 position.

6) Now, repeat steps 2 through 4 for your second bike. All of the critical information for your second bike is stored in Prof 2.

You will now be able to switch from bike 1 to bike 2 simply selecting Prof 1 or Prof 2. No battery resets will be required!

For more details on setting profiles, performing a Scan, and completing the Fast Start and Cal Ride procedures, consult the iBike Instructions Summary, available here:

http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1555
John Hamann
cwwees

Re: Wired & wireless

Post by cwwees »

hmm... scan even on a wired mount. I don't think I'd tried that.

I actually have saved profiles in the PC software for each. I could do another cal ride for the second profile... but is there a way to load the profile from the PC? I presume it goes into whichever profile is "current" on the iBike. There's certainly nothing I've noted in the PC settings to tell where it's going.

Charlie