Auto shut-off not

veloman

Auto shut-off not

Post by veloman »

Hey all-

Anyone else having an issue with the auto shut-off feature not shutting off the head unit (iAero Gen III)? This has happened a couple of time to me and I've burn through some batteries as a result. This hasn't happened yet with 4.04.

In addition to this and on a couple other separate occasions, I've been unable to shut off the unit from the battery screen. This has happened with 4.02 and 4.04. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

-craig
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Auto shut-off not

Post by Velocomp »

Remove the battery from your iBike and insert it backwards for a moment. This does a hard reset. Then, reinsert the battery normally.

This should fix things.
John Hamann
veloman

Post by veloman »

John-

This definitely works. However, it has happened three times since my original post. Since I don't realzie that it hasn't shut off until I go out the next morning and see that it is already on, I can't say if there is any "trigger" for this behavior. This last time, I had downloaded a couple of rides, cleared the memory, put the iBike back on the bike and switched profiles. Then it wouldn't shut off.

Anyway, I just wondering if there if this is a real fix to the problem other than a hard reset.

As always, thanks for your time.

-craig
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

You can manually shut it off by going into Setup, then navigate to BATT which will display your voltage.
Hit the centre button and it should shut down.
:-)
veloman

Post by veloman »

Thanks for the reply rcmaps. As indicated in the original post, shutting off from the BATT screen does not work either. So the hard reset is the only option at this point.

-craig
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You mentioned 4.02 and 4.04. Those are iBike4 software version numbers.

IIRC the iBike firmware numbers in the 4.0x range did have issues with the units not shutting off. You should be at FW v4.20 or higher. So check for a firmware update.
Fernando
veloman

Post by veloman »

Thanks for the post Fernando. Good point about firmware, but I've got 4.20 and it is still happened.

-craig
veloman

Post by veloman »

I realize this is probably considered a dead thread as it was nearly 9 months since my original post, but my iAero (Gen III, FWv4.2) continues to have problems not shutting off either automatically or manually. Happened again, twice this week. The dead batteries are piling up. Any solutions other than a hard reset? This is getting quite inconvenient.

As always, thanks for your time.

-craig
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Have you tried direct mail to John or Travis or Coach Boyd? They are all in the members list and you could send a direct message to one of them.

Sometimes we rely too much on the forum and forget there are alternatives - especially when the forum does not seem to be able to have a solution for you.

Tom