Making your own intervals (based on pre-built intervals)

coachboyd

Making your own intervals (based on pre-built intervals)

Post by coachboyd »

I figured I would make a little excel sheet for everybody so they can play around with the intervals that are pre-built into the iSport and iPro (they will be coming to the iAero very soon)

I have attached an excel file. On the first page you can enter your fitness test result (20 minute wattage). Then you also enter your weight and will give you a w/kg number where you can look up your current fitness level.

The second page shows all the intervals that are built into the iSport and iPro as of right now. . .these are all based on percentages of your 20 minute power.

The third page has the actual wattages you will be doing and for how long (based on the wattage number on the first sheet). Of course with this on the software it is possible to do intervals for a fitness level 8 even if you are a fitness level 4, but I wanted to show everybody the intervals that we use. So, you can plug these numbers into the iBike software and have fun playing around with the intervals.

A little hint, some of the intervals have rest periods, others go to different wattages. If you want to have the wattage being displayed during the rest period, enter that wattage of the rest period, and make the "rest" period 0:00 on the iBike3 software

Because this is an .xls file I had to link to the file from my 4shared page
http://www.4shared.com/file/87230340/2b ... rvals.html
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
namblor

Re: Making your own intervals (based on pre-built intervals)

Post by namblor »

Oh my gosh! This is way better than I expected. Thanks so much. This is really going to help me.

TC
wellmt

Post by wellmt »

Coachboyd that's really useful. I actually wondered what the built in iPro tests comprised of as it didn't seem to be documented anywhere, so I never bothered with them. Now I know I'll use some of them.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

The link to the spreadsheet is no longer valid. Can someone please upload the file, or provide a new link?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Here's the file you're looking for, just download and unzip
Attachments
iBike_intervals.zip
(15.49 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Fernando