Gen III tilt tip

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Gen III tilt tip

Post by Velocomp »

If you have a Gen III unit and have done your calibrations (tilt, offset, coast downs, cal ride) and created a profile then there is NO NEED to do a new tilt calibration on your bike...ever...as long as you don't bump your bike badly or change the mount's position.

In fact, as you ride the Gen III gets smarter and smarter about the tilt behavior of your bike and it remembers the appropriate corrections.

However, whenever you perform a tilt calibration the tilt correction memory is erased and you start again from zero. So, it's actually a counterproductive thing to do a tilt cal before every ride!

Yesterday I put my Gen III on my bike, pushed the center button to pair, checked wind offset (it was 0.0) then rode.

Everything was perfect.
John Hamann
cjonbike

Re: Gen III tilt tip

Post by cjonbike »

Does the tilt get associated with a specific profile on the iAero? You have the choice of either Profile 1 or 2. So if profile one is for one bike and profile 2 is for a second bike does the Tilt cal you do for profile 2 overwrite the tilt you did for Profile 1?

Thanks for your help

Chris
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Gen III tilt tip

Post by Velocomp »

Among other things each profile has its own riding tilt, so you need to do full calibrations for each profile.

Once the calibrations are done, whenever you switch profiles the riding tilt for the "new" profile will be loaded automatically and the "old" riding tilt will still be saved in memory.
John Hamann