Is Cal ride periodically needed?

Zoltan

Is Cal ride periodically needed?

Post by Zoltan »

I own my Gen3 for 6 months or so. It was not so easy to make a calibration with my trekking bike, because I had got a constant tailwind for some rides. But finally I could sort it out to an acceptable extent.

Then I put my trekking bike into the garage for the winter and dug for it only this week. It was an incredible experience that my iBike tended to give me a substantial headwind in any riding direction. After two shorter and slower rides on Tuesday and Wednesday, today I gave it up and made a new calibration ride and everything was OK for the rest of the ride.

My question is whether it can happen that there is some ageing of the material of analogue windport component of Gen3, which can make it necessary to make cal rides again after a couple of months? Or is it just a nonsense?
racerfern

Re: Is Cal ride periodically needed?

Post by racerfern »

Yes, things can change when just sitting around. Strange but true. A new cal ride fixes everything.
Fernando
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

racerfern wrote:Yes, things can change when just sitting around. Strange but true. A new cal ride fixes everything.
But do you know the reason behind? Ageing materials or climate changes? It is really strange.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Aging people too. :D I don't know the exact reason in truth.
Fernando