Pairing issue

Brodirt

Pairing issue

Post by Brodirt »

I have a pairing issue with my Gen III iAero and can't solve it.

If the unit goes unused, either between rides or goes to sleep during a break in a ride, it loses pairing and will not recover it until I reload the profile that contains the respective sensor IDs. I then have to start pedaling, enter setup and click on scan. It is only then that the sensors are found. This occurs on any of my 3 different mounts/bikes. I loaded the newest firmware this weekend and the problem continues. If I go into the setup mode at any time after I start riding the "scan" screen will indicate "no." Furthermore, I can't access any other profile than "0."

In comparison, I still use my Gen II unit (because the pairing is more reliable), I start pedaling, hit the center button and in 2-3 seconds the SPCD Found indicator lights up and I am on my way. This happens the same on any of my mounts/bikes.
lorduintah

Re: Pairing issue

Post by lorduintah »

You may need to do a battery reset of the GenIII. Open the battery cover on the GenIII, flip over the battery and put it back into the unit for a few seconds. Take the battery back out and put it back in in the proper polarity. Replace the cover. You will then have to reset the time and date. This may be all that is needed. Or as John notes - check the firmware version.

Tom
Last edited by lorduintah on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Make sure you have FW 417 loaded into your Gen III. It should provide excellent pairing.
John Hamann
Brodirt

Post by Brodirt »

John...the problem existed with the prior firmware and continues with 4.17.
berveling

Post by berveling »

I have the same issue. Each time the iBike Pro goes to sleep, it loses pairing, and I have to rescan. Very tedious. Am I doing something wrong? Its battery is good (currently 285). I use FW 4.17. The stem mount and cadence each have new batteries too.
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

berveling wrote:I have the same issue. Each time the iBike Pro goes to sleep, it loses pairing, and I have to rescan. Very tedious. Am I doing something wrong? Its battery is good (currently 285). I use FW 4.17. The stem mount and cadence each have new batteries too.
The way mine works is that the iBike automatically pairs after waking. It may not happen instantly but usually within 10 seconds of when I start to ride, or I just spin the wheel backwards to wakeup the speed and cadence sensor.
NCH1

Post by NCH1 »

I had the same issue last week with regard to pairing (wireless fail) and having to reset the correct profile in the unit, each time I switched it on. However, upon closer inspection I found the issue not to be with the Ibike, rather it was the Garmin SPCD which I had to reset and realign, once again, and there was no longer either issue.

Nik