PAL Omnium Race Ride Files

turbomentor

PAL Omnium Race Ride Files

Post by turbomentor »

Racing an Omnium (Stage) race here in Howey-in-the-Hills FL (yes there is such a place!). It was really hot this afternoon for the crit race. I don't do a lot of bike racing (mainly tris) so I'm in the Cat 5s. Still, we gave a respectable accounting for ourselves in the 30 minute race averaging around 23.5 mph. An attack at the beginning of the last lap led to a quick chase and a crash on the first turn so I only was able to get 10th; other than that I was at the front of the pack most of the race.

The TT went rather well. As you can see from the ride file it was VERY hilly! Max gradient was 9.7% which is no slouch for a TT. Results are still preliminary, but I think I eked out 2nd place by 2 seconds.

I'll post the ride file for the Road Race tomorrow afternoon.

I use an iAero and a PTap because sometimes I like to be an aero geek. For the crit race, my PTap Pavg was 239.4W and my iAero Pavg was 234.9W.
For the TT, my PTap Pavg was 261.4W and my iAero (with RWS) Pavg was 263.8W.
Attachments
iBike_08_01_2009_1838_7_Miles_PAL_TT.csv
This is the file for the TT race.
(257.88 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
iBike_08_01_2009_1415_12_Miles_PAL_Crit2.csv
This is the file for the Crit race.
(394.11 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
turbomentor

iBike doesn't work in the draft

Post by turbomentor »

It CAN'T work in the draft...right?

Check out the ride profile from my road race today. I'd say otherwise!

Pavg for PT was 198.6W. Pavg for iAero was 196.5W. This was a RR where I was in the draft for most of the race (Travis or Boyd can probably spot the point where I had a brief chain issue and got spit out the back of the field!).
Attachments
iBike_08_02_2009_1249_31_Miles_PAL_RR.csv
PAL Omnium RR ride file
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 330 times
racerfern

Re: PAL Omnium Race Ride Files

Post by racerfern »

Nice ride. In iB3 at the top right, try changing the smoothing factor and if I've got it right, you'll see your problem at about 01:16:00 (26.9miles). Lately I've taken to looking at my ride with a very long smoothing factor, youll see if you're generally holding steady power, or decreasing as the ride grinds on.

I'm in a learning mode when it comes to reading graphs, so I took this as a challenge. I have no idea if I got it or not.
Fernando