isport -- rough roads and interval memory?

Q&A for all things iSport
doofus

isport -- rough roads and interval memory?

Post by doofus »

does the isport have an interval memory that can be viewed on the handlebar unit post-ride?

how is the accuracy on rough roads?
coachboyd

Re: isport -- rough roads and interval memory?

Post by coachboyd »

The iSport head unit is the exact same hardware as the top of the line iAero. It will be just as accurate as the iAero, and this is also nice because should you choose to eventually upgrade you won't have to send your computer head back to exchange it, it's just a firmware update and you now have all the features of an iPro (ability to download and receive future firmware upgrades).

As far as rough roads, I recently tested the new Gen3 in a race around here on some pretty rough roads. It was at a business park so it's not on the high list for road repairs. The unit handled perfectly and I only had one spot where the software was able to signal high vibration (and it was at over 35mph going down hill). This unit performs great!
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
doofus

Post by doofus »

Ok, the accuracy is good.

What about user ability with the isport to go back and look at avg watts for each interval in a 2x20, 5x5, etc.? Can that be done with the trip function?
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

No, if you are talking about the pre-built intervals when you hold the right button for two seconds then there is no way to review that. This is because you are presented with a goal wattage to try and hold. You know what the result is (ex. 230 watts for 5 minutes), and you are trying to hold it there as best as possible. If you don't have the goal wattage to hold, you can use the lap feature and with that you can review your laps afterwards in the computer screen.

On a side note, how are you liking the pre-built intervals? Is the program pretty straightforward to follow?
Boyd Johnson
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

On a side note (as I'm thinking about it). If you eventually upgrade to the iPro, you will be able to see the interval session all downloaded for you on the software. This could be something to look into as you become more familiar with power training and look to get more of the features out of the iBike product.
Boyd Johnson
doofus

Post by doofus »

I don't have an isport currently -- I've used a rebuilt srm and a power tap in the past, but I've just trained by feel in the last two years. If the isport can give me accurate and consistent data for tempo, FTP, and VO2 intervals with minimal fuss and cost, then I'm just about sold on one.
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

Well, it has tempo, threshold, and VO2 intervals built into the unit. . .and it's all based on a percentage of watts that you held for twenty minutes. So there is no more guesswork for where you need to try and hold your watts, it's given to you right on the screen.
Boyd Johnson
Clydeone

Post by Clydeone »

coachboyd wrote:you can use the lap feature and with that you can review your laps afterwards in the computer screen.
how do I do this on the isport? can't find it in the instructions and nothing jumps out at me when I scroll thru options on the isport.