iSport - firmware updates?

Q&A for all things iSport
yeastor

iSport - firmware updates?

Post by yeastor »

Perhaps I don't understand the nature of firmware updates, but I was thinking that some might be needed for the on-bike operations of the iBike. But, there is no computer connection for the iSport. Are firmware updates not needed then?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iSport - firmware updates?

Post by Velocomp »

We don't anticipate providing firmware updates for the iSport. That's because there is no USB adapter cable or iBike software that ships with the iSport.

If you purchase the optional "iSport to iPro upgrade" a USB adapter will be included with the kit, allowing you to convert your iSport to an iPro and allowing your upgraded iSport to benefit from iPro firmware upgrades.
John Hamann
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

There was a group of us that did VERY extensive testing for the iSport model. We spent a few months going over all the features and on-the-bike operations. We are very confident we have released a product that will need no firmware upgrades for a very long time. Yes, eventually down the road there might be something we find we are able to do that will add to the functionality of the iSport, but for the time being all the improvements we are looking into mainly effect how the software interacts with features on the iPro and iAero (stuff after the download and stuff that shows up in ride files)
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
yeastor

Post by yeastor »

Thanks. That's what I needed to hear.