WLS Fail

perezjap

WLS Fail

Post by perezjap »

I am having a problem, looked into the forum and don't see mention of this one.

I have Gen 3, a good battery (287). About a month ago I had the unit give WLS fail during a ride. I rode for about 30 minutes warm-up, stop to stretch, the unit went into stand-by then when i brought it back up I got a WLS fail. It would not sync. I took off the mount, put back on, took the battery out and put back in, nothing. I could not get it to sync back up. Once home i took the batteries out of the sensors, tried to pair back up and I got nothing. I gave up. I did not ride this bike (race bike) for another two weeks or so, got on and out of habit turned it on and...it worked. It did this same thing two more times at random...not all the time.

Then today! STATE Championship Crit in Tampa. The unit is fine battery 295, everything good, I am warming up and before the race I am waiting in the staging area long enough for the unit to turn off and bam! WLS Fail. It would not sync back up. This was at 0900. When I got home I tried the unit it worked (noon) I did nothing different, just hit the center button to turn on. Just now I tried the unit (7 pm) and got WLS fail. I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions.
marshr

Re: WLS Fail

Post by marshr »

I had a recently similiar situation and happen on two bikes which made me suspect unit. Anyone on one bike the wireless mount battery went suddenly dead so that sort of fixed that bike but started having speed readings all over the place. I had not changed anything for at least of year such as magnet etc. Anyway, i different form some had talked about doing a hard reset of the unit so i flipped the batteries( ibike reboot) and now every thing is working as usual. Just of thoughts that recently worked for me, good luck
Rick
berveling

Post by berveling »

Me too! I use an iPro Gen III G. The wheels fail for no apparent reason. I usually fix it by going to Setup, Wheels config etc. However, this morning even that would not resolve the problem. It's very frustrating, and precludes the iBike from working at all. HELP Please !!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Try a hard reset (remove battery, reverse and insert momentarily).
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

John's suggestion is the one I had to resort to using this morning after trying all the rest - including new batteries and a reset of the Garmin Spd/Cad sensor I have.

Tom
berveling

Post by berveling »

THanks - I'll try a hard reset and hope that resolves this issue. I appreciate your assistance. :)
perezjap

Post by perezjap »

John..thanks for your suggestion. You called it! I have a bad wireless stem mount. I switched mounts (I have another one) and the problem hasn't occured again.

For the others, just so you know....I didn't have just the speed, cadence etc. not sync up. I had a complete failure of the Gen 3 to sync with the sensors. It was a problem that didn't occur all the time but when it did I would get a WLS fail and nothing would bring it back. I would wait an unspecified amount of time (usually a few days) and with out changing a thing the Gen 3 would work.