Optium position for iBike Stem Mounting

Morocco Mole

Optium position for iBike Stem Mounting

Post by Morocco Mole »

I recently changed stems 110mm to a 120mm (both 6 degree), and moved my iBike further forward about 5cm on my stem as it was possible to occasionally knock it with my knee in the far back placement. Since doing this I have done multiple Coast Down/Cal rides and I'm getting very low CRR values , or even negative values depending on if I exclude certain coastdowns. Nothing else has changed and I'm doing the CAL in optimal conditions with no wind on my usual bit of road. Have also been meticulous with Wind offsets and Tilts and it takes about 10 minutes to ride to this spot. Looking down from above, the air port is about 1 cm behind the front of the stem. I was wondering if I should move the ibike even further forward to clear the front of the stem so it's the first thing hitting the wind. Is this going to have any influence on the CRR figure?
Morocco Mole

Re: Optium position for iBike Stem Mounting

Post by Morocco Mole »

Well did the experiment and moved the iBike as forward as possible, now clears front of stem by about 2cm. The difference is dramatic, probably my best set of coastdowns and Calibration yet. Did a 70k solo ride using this new profile and on bike power settings were almost identical to post analysis in iBike3 software, very happy :mrgreen: . Not sure why this made a difference but it did.