Trouble pairing sensors

swdenver

Trouble pairing sensors

Post by swdenver »

I followed all of the wireless instructions and have the WLS set to On, all 3 sensors set to Find. I activated all sensors but the unit
doesn't pick them up. I have the unit mounted on the wireless sensor. I pushed the middle button but all I get is the WLS CFG screen.
All batteries are brand new.

What else do I need to do?
racerfern

Re: Trouble pairing sensors

Post by racerfern »

From the moment the pairing process starts, how long before you get a WLS FAIL message. Just a couple of seconds or say 20-30 seconds?

Did you put a battery in the wireless head and is it in correctly? Sorry, but I gotta ask?
Fernando
swdenver

Post by swdenver »

I never get a WLS Fail message. I don't see that it even tried to find the sensors.

Yes, new batteries are in the iBike unit, the wireless head and all of the sensors (spd, cadence and HR).
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

OK, after going to WLS CFG, setting everything to find you come back to WLS CFG.
Exit setup by holding the "up" button. That brings you back to the main display.

Activate the sensors, Now press the center button. The top number will start to blink and within a couple of seconds you should get HRT found, CAD found and SPD found.
Fernando
donnybike

Post by donnybike »

Probably, the powermeter does not sit properly on the wireless mount.
Please place the powermeter at 10 o’clock position over the mount and put it down and turn it clockwise until you hear a clicking sound.
And
see the backside of the powermeter and draw a imaginary cross line to see alignment with the mount. If the mount is off the line, you will get wireless fail massage.
atimmer

Post by atimmer »

Hi Swdenver,

If you're still having some issue with the pairing, you're welcome to contact me at atimmer@velocomp.com for some help.

Aaron
barryc

Post by barryc »

I too had problems pairing my HR strap after a battery change.

Ended up wasting a fair bit of time with continous pairing failure until I carefully reread the wireless instructions. It seems it is very important to allow 1 minute delay between activating the sensors before pressing the centre button to start the pairing sequence when replacing batteries.

For interest my HR strap battery has lasted about 14 mths - voltage at failure was 2.65V. I also did pop out the speed cadence battery but did not replace it as it was reading 2.95V.

cheers
Barry C
Brisbane Australia
aytchkay

Post by aytchkay »

[quote="barryc"]I too had problems pairing my HR strap after a battery change.

Ended up wasting a fair bit of time with continous pairing failure until I carefully reread the wireless instructions. It seems it is very important to allow 1 minute delay between activating the sensors before pressing the centre button to start the pairing sequence when replacing batteries.

I too cannot pair my HR strap. With the new firmware 4.00, I understand that pairing is automatic when you start riding. I changed the battery but did not wait...but I tried so many times that I surely passed more than a minute - still cannot get HR to pair. This is SINCE upgrading to 4.00.

Bad strap?

aytchkay
in chicago
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

aytchkay wrote:
barryc wrote:I too had problems pairing my HR strap after a battery change.
I too cannot pair my HR strap. With the new firmware 4.00, I understand that pairing is automatic when you start riding. I changed the battery but did not wait...but I tried so many times that I surely passed more than a minute - still cannot get HR to pair. This is SINCE upgrading to 4.00.
aytchkay
in chicago
Since you changed the battery in the HR strap, the iBike is looking for the old wireless code not the new code becasue everytime you change a battery in a sensor the code changes.

Go to the WLS CFG screen and change the HR from ON to FIND. Let it find the new code, then you should be back in business.
Fernando
wellmt

Post by wellmt »

racerfern wrote: Since you changed the battery in the HR strap, the iBike is looking for the old wireless code not the new code becasue everytime you change a battery in a sensor the code changes.
Ha! Of course! I've just never put 2 + 2 together and realised this. I just wondered why my sensor IDs changed quite frequently in the Winter. Thanks racerfern. :)