Wireless Battery Changeover

alback

Wireless Battery Changeover

Post by alback »

I changed over to wireless almost 2 months ago now, with about 65 hrs riding time. The iAero unit battery now registers 2.77v so it is close to the time for a battery change. My question is whether the batteries in the wireless mount and the HR, Cad, Speed sensors should be changed at the same time.

I have had no signal loss and I have no idea of the residual remaining in the sensors. What is everyones experience? Does all battery power in the wireless system deplete at a similar rate?

Your thoughts?

Alan
racerfern

Re: Wireless Battery Changeover

Post by racerfern »

Absolutely not. The HR, CAD, SPD batteries should last 12-18 months under normal riding conditions. Just change your two wireless batteries, one in the unit and the one in the wireless head. You will not have to re-pair any wireless codes since none are changing.

The best way to change the battery in the unit is to go to setup and to the voltage display. Hit the center button to shut the unit off. Take out the battery and install the new one. Replace the cover and hit the center button. You should see your new battery voltage and be able to continue as if nothing happened.
Fernando
mlennox

Post by mlennox »

Agreed the batteries in the HR strap and speed/cadence sensors should last you a while. If you're using the Garmin 705 as well, you should get a notification on screen when these batteries are getting low and need to be replaced.

Because there is no way to know about the wireless mount battery, my general procedure has been to place new batteries in the wireless mount and move the old wireless mount battery into the iAero/iBike where I can see the voltage number. It means more frequent battery changes on the iAero/iBike but it allows you to get every last bit out of each battery. With 2 bikes and 2 wireless mounts, this works out not too badly and means I should never get caught with a dead wireless mount battery.
alback

Post by alback »

Thanks for the quick responses, as usual very helpfull. I guess my stock of 25 batteries could last quite a while.

Alan