New Stem mount - Keep getting "WLS FAIL"

mccork

New Stem mount - Keep getting "WLS FAIL"

Post by mccork »

I just received a new stem mount, cadence sensor and speed sensor that I installed on a new bike. For my first two rides I consistently get the "wls fail" message. The unit will start working again (pick up speed, cadence, hr)after a few minutes, but then it will happen again. In a 3hr ride this happens 15-20 times. I replaced the battery in the iBike but still get the same problem. I didn't change the batteries in the speed, cadence of HR sensors. The stem mount is very solid; no movement whatsoever.

Interestingly I've done 2.5 hrs indoors on the trainer and didn't get this message once.

I'm not sure what to do next. Is it possible I have a faulty unit? I'm pretty sure I paired the sensors properly. Would it be able to find the sensors at all if I didn't?

Any help would be appreciated. It's pretty frustrating to not get complete power data on my new bike.

Thanks,

Kevin
R Mc

Re: New Stem mount - Keep getting "WLS FAIL"

Post by R Mc »

make sure all of the sensors are aligned with the magnets (you probably already did that).

check the battery in the wireless mount. (easy way to do this is to pop it in the ibike and see what its rating is: needs to be over 275ish.

make sure that the sensors are snugged down tight with the zip-ties. If they're vibrating around that might be the problem.

That's all I've got, others?