0 watts???

rhino

0 watts???

Post by rhino »

After spending all afternoon yesterday reading every file on my CD, triple checking all my settings (weight, circ, tilt, wind offset), even doing the 10 CD's and 4 mile out and back, I was stunned today to see that while I had speed, cadence, and heart rate, my watts showed 0 most of the ride. During a climb out of town, I was riding next to a friend with an SRM and he was showing 240 watts, while I was showing 69, and I weigh 25lbs more than him??? When I downloaded my ride it looks like there's wattage data, but it's all over the place and we rode steady, relatively flat, and hard for close to 45 minutes. I don't see a flat wattage line anywhere in the ride data? Anyone heard of this before? Is there a setting I missed? Did I not get the wattage sensor or the wattage firmware? The wattage calculator? Was I supposed to open the iBike and turn on the little blue wattage switch? Right now I have a VERY expensive trip computer! Little help please!!!

Thanks!
Skot
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: 0 watts???

Post by Velocomp »

Skot:

Please send me your ride file. jhamann@velocomp.com
John Hamann
heith

Post by heith »

I have a similar problem. today I got up for a group training ride and couldn't find "spcd" it found heart rate fine but wouldn't fine the garmin speed cadence. I new it was working because I turned on the garmin edge at it found it right away. I messed with it for about and hour(changed batts, re-paired) anyways it finally found it.

So I go out on my ride and speed, cad, watts, etc. are working perfect but when I go to download the file everything but watts shows up. I get a quick blip of the watts then it goes blank on the screen. everything else is shown from speed,cad, aero, hr, etc. Just KJ and watts are left blank.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

OK, take a deep breath and everything will be OK.

I'm not sure how this topic got on the wireless troubleshooting forum but here's what to do:

http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=684

The 308 firmware, coming out this week, will eliminate the bug.
John Hamann
heith

Post by heith »

I didn't get that far down the list when I seen 0 watts? I was in wireless trouble shooting because I wanted to see what deal was about the spcd fail.
Thanks for the link.