unable to get a pair-iAero G

Derath

unable to get a pair-iAero G

Post by Derath »

Hey gang.

I just got my device this week. I have been very excited to get going this weekend and have been attempting to get things paired this evening. Needless to say I am frustrated.

I have watched the video and read the instructions several times. Every time I try I am getting a wireless fail. Here are the things I have tried.

I have swapped the batteries between the ibike and the mount, to verify both batteries are good.
I have tried flipping both batteries in the garmin HR strap and the GSC10. I have also attempted pressing the reset button on the GSC
I have verified both sensors with my Edge, which gets data from both sensors fine.

I am at a loss as to where i can proceed. I guess I will ride power-less this weekend :x
racerfern

Re: unable to get a pair-iAero G

Post by racerfern »

1) What firmware version do you have?

2) In WLS Setup do you have SPCD on?
Fernando
Derath

Post by Derath »

racerfern wrote:1) What firmware version do you have?

2) In WLS Setup do you have SPCD on?
I know you have to ask the simple questions first (I have to do the same in my job). I don't have the unit handy at the moment, but I am pretty much positive it is the latest. I just got the unit this week. I want to say like 1.9?

Yes in WLS config I have wireless on, SPCD to find and HRT on find.

I have also tried toggling the wireless off and back on.

-D
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Do you get the WLS FAIL message almost immediately or does it seem to take 20-30 seconds to get WLS FAIL?

If you get the message right away (less than 5-10 seconds) then the problem is probably the wireless head.

If it takes a very long time, the the problem may be the firmware may not have installed correctly. 1.91 should be the correct version with an iAero with Garmin sensor.

Also try setting SPCD and speed and cadence to off and only trying to find the HR strap. At least that should verify if the wireless head works or not.
Fernando
Derath

Post by Derath »

racerfern wrote:Do you get the WLS FAIL message almost immediately or does it seem to take 20-30 seconds to get WLS FAIL?

If you get the message right away (less than 5-10 seconds) then the problem is probably the wireless head.

If it takes a very long time, the the problem may be the firmware may not have installed correctly. 1.91 should be the correct version with an iAero with Garmin sensor.

Also try setting SPCD and speed and cadence to off and only trying to find the HR strap. At least that should verify if the wireless head works or not.
yes 1.91

I get the fail pretty fast (within 5 seconds)

Unfortunately I have noticed that when I go through setup it would not let me change the SPCD to off (I had though of trying to pair just one device at a time) I did however try the reverse, turning the HRT to off and just trying to pair the SPCD

-D
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Then I'm faulting the WLS head.

You could download v1.31 from the website. It is a generic firmware for use with ibike speed and cadence sensors. If you have those you could try them.

Be sure you have 1.91 as a file saved on your computer, not just loaded into the iAero. You will want to put that in if you try other combinations.

But it really seems to be the head itself. Contact Velocomp, they're excellent at providing warranty replacements.
Fernando
Derath

Post by Derath »

racerfern wrote:Then I'm faulting the WLS head.

You could download v1.31 from the website. It is a generic firmware for use with ibike speed and cadence sensors. If you have those you could try them.

Be sure you have 1.91 as a file saved on your computer, not just loaded into the iAero. You will want to put that in if you try other combinations.

But it really seems to be the head itself. Contact Velocomp, they're excellent at providing warranty replacements.
I don't. I specifically bought the iAero-G model since I already had the garmin equipment.

I guess the 1.31 should still pair with the HR strap though? Since they are supposedly identical? Worth troubleshooting since I likely will have to wait until monday for a replacement to ship out.

-D
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Probably not worth the effort when you think about it. You're just winding yourself up. Do you have a 305 or 705? If you have a 705 go to ANT accessories and search for a powermeter then try pairing the iAero. See if you get a notice powermeter detected like it does for HR and CAD.

Never mind what I just typed. I looked at your picture and realized you have a 305. BTW, I have a Giant OCR LTD with the same bars.

We tried!
Fernando
Derath

Post by Derath »

Replacement is already on its way. Velocomp customer service wins again!
Derath

Post by Derath »

Just thought I would post a followup. Initially John accidentally sent me a replacement USB adapter. Today my replacement wireless mount came in. I ran down the driveway, into the basement, ripped open the box and tried it out.

BINGO. Paired up on the first try.

-D