Mewton not finding ibike Hrt strap

smeagolsmy

Mewton not finding ibike Hrt strap

Post by smeagolsmy »

Hi, I've been using my Newton and ibike heart rate stap for about 18 months. a couple of months ago, it stopped finding Hrt in the scan, I assumed it was dead battery, so changed it, it still didn't work, so changed it for another new battery, still nothing. It never worried me for a while, I just used Newton without Hrt. However I would like to get it working again as i use HR with a polar stap on my turbo trainer for training, and would like the extra comparison. Ive upgraded to FW5, and now there is no mention on the Newton of "HRT off" it merely shows the SPD CAD found during the scan. In the profile settings in Isaac, it shows HR enabled, but there is no assigned no. Also I have borrowed an ANT+ Strap from a friend, and Newton doesn't find that in the scan either. Is there something I am missing? or could it be that my Newton has developed a fault? Thanks.
TriBike

Re: Mewton not finding ibike Hrt strap

Post by TriBike »

Try resetting the HR Strap, by reversing the battery in the strap for about 10-15 seconds. Place the battery back into the strap in its proper orientation, then put the HR Strap on. Force a sensor scan with the Newton, by pressing/holding both the {UP} and {DOWN} arrows of the Newton simultaneously, until the unit displays the scan message. This should get you paired back up with the Newton, unless the HR Strap is faulty.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like your HR straps are not working. There is nothing in Newton 5 that would cause this problem.
John Hamann
smeagolsmy

Post by smeagolsmy »

Ok, thanks, Is there a link to the website where i can purchase a new one? I cant see then listed in the accessories.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

smeagolsmy wrote:Ok, thanks, Is there a link to the website where i can purchase a new one? I cant see then listed in the accessories.
Email Tom Gore at tgore@velocomp.com and he will help you.
John Hamann
smeagolsmy

Post by smeagolsmy »

Bingo !! thanks guy's, I tried the reversed battery again, and the forced scan, and it found Hr again. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. :D
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

smeagolsmy wrote:Bingo !! thanks guy's, I tried the reversed battery again, and the forced scan, and it found Hr again. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. :D
please elaborate on the reversed battery in your message, was this a way to cause a reset in the HR monitor?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

ronpei wrote:
smeagolsmy wrote:Bingo !! thanks guy's, I tried the reversed battery again, and the forced scan, and it found Hr again. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. :D
please elaborate on the reversed battery in your message, was this a way to cause a reset in the HR monitor?
Reversing the battery does a Hard Reset of the strap.
John Hamann