Aero Wireless is Auto Resetting

jscotth

Aero Wireless is Auto Resetting

Post by jscotth »

Have just had my new Aero about a week. On a ride over the weekend it started flashing "bad data" and essentially reset itself. For the remaining 15 miles of the ride it continued to reset itself about every 5 minutes. At time LED would would almost disappear - it would then act like it was asleep - would then come back on and reset itself.

When I got home I erased all of the data hoping that would resolve it. Yesterday however I began to do this again at the end of my coast down and then again during the middle of a 4 mile test ride.

The battery appears to be ok - registers 2.90.

Any Ideas?
racerfern

Re: Aero Wireless is Auto Resetting

Post by racerfern »

Did you check the battery in the wireless head? Also check that the pin contacts are clean on the head.
Fernando
jscotth

Post by jscotth »

I emailed tech support with the question. They recommended putting an additional thin spacer - a piece of paper - between the battery and the cover - to increase pressure of the battery on the contact. I don't recall the road being rougher than other parts when this is happening, however it would explain the fact that the problem has started at approximately the same spot when going under the high tension wires - but only on one side of the street. Tech support says that the unit is not affected by high tension.

I will try out this solution and report back.

Thanks for the advice.
jscotth

Post by jscotth »

UPDATE:

For those interested - tried out the unit with the additional paper spacer in between the the battery and the cover. No failures over 60 miles of riding over the weekend. That obviously was the problem.

Weird problem - simple solution.