Wireless Sensor Compatibility

Steve_Davidson

Wireless Sensor Compatibility

Post by Steve_Davidson »

Quick question......

I might be doing some aero testing for a mate and he has a Garmin GPS. He claims that it is using the new ANT+ sensors (I've not checked but that must be the new Garmin GPS).

My question is:- Can I leave my speed/cadence sensors on my bike and pick up his Garmin sensors with the ibike, or is it best to swap the whole lot?

It is not a big deal to move the speed/cadence sensors if I have to it's just that he wants to keep the GPS on the bike and pick up the data from that during the test session so doesn't want to remove his sensors (not that I'll be using his data anyway). I also don't want sensor interference if I mount the ibike sensors close to his Garmin ones, (I think from memory his Garmin is a combined cadence/speed sensor).

I will be using my outrigger for the ibike. (I should add that I'm not interested in seeing the power data in the Garmin)

cheers

Steve
mlennox

Re: Wireless Sensor Compatibility

Post by mlennox »

In order to pickup the Garmin combined speed/cadence ANT+Sport sensor you need to have the iBike "G" firmware installed on your iBike unit. It transmits a different signal than the individual speed and cadence ANT+Sport sensors.