Garmin 705

AndrewK

Garmin 705

Post by AndrewK »

Hi

I have purchased the new firmware to allow the iBike to send to the Garmin.

Now - I have installed the firmware but what do I do next? I have tried turning on the iBike - scanning for Power meters from the Garmin. Nothing happened! Is there something in the config???

Thanks

Andrew
carstenj

Re: Garmin 705

Post by carstenj »

Now I don't have a Edge 705 but I have just paired my Garmin speed/cadence sensor with my new iAero and on the cd that came with the iAero there is a document called Garmin Pairing Instructions. The last section in this document described the setup to the 705 to receive iBike power data.
racerfern

Re: Garmin 705

Post by racerfern »

AndrewK wrote: Now - I have installed the firmware but what do I do next? I have tried turning on the iBike - scanning for Power meters from the Garmin. Nothing happened! Is there something in the config???
On the iBike, go to Setup > Wls CFG. Press the center button and it will say WLS on. Press center again and again without making any changes until you get to POUT. If it says OFF press the up arrow to turn it ON. Now press center button and you are back to WLS CFG. Exit setup and your iBike should start blinking the top number and say POUT Start along with the other usual wireless confirmations.

On my 705, I had to go to the ANT+ screen , click yes for power meter and then click the "calibrate"? button. Sorry I don't have my unit in front of me right now. A screen comes up that says start pedaling. so the 705 can establish some offset. That's it.
Fernando