Garmin Speed/Cadence combo - Pin Off message

james_95

Garmin Speed/Cadence combo - Pin Off message

Post by james_95 »

I am using the iaero genIII with a Garmin spd/cad combo sensor for a while now and everything was working fine but now I'm getting a "pin off" message. First I had a stem mount, everything worked fine, then I used my friends bar mount, everything worked fine, then I switched back to my bar mount and nothing was working. I did a scan and it picks up the spd/can sensor and my hrt monitor fine then it says "pin off". When I ride it only shows me cadence and no speed. I checked the magnet distance, did the battery flip a couple times, put in fresh batteries in the mount and sensor, did a dozen Scans and I keep getting the "pin off" message and no speed. What does the "pin off" mean? what can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
James
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Garmin Speed/Cadence combo - Pin Off message

Post by Velocomp »

Pin Off means "Power In" is "Off". "Power In" is a signal received from an ANT+ power sensor (DFPM sensor). If you don't have a DFPM on your bike, then Pin Off is correct.

Make sure to confirm you are getting cadence readings from your combined speed/cadence sensor, not someone else's sensor.

If your cadence sensor is working, but you're not getting speed, then either the magnet position is wrong for your sensor or your speed/cadence sensor has a problem. You can reset the sensor, then do a new pairing, then try again.
John Hamann