Failed pairing of wireless sensors

tlechnow

Failed pairing of wireless sensors

Post by tlechnow »

Hi. I just got my wireless sensors today for my ibike. I have watched the video several times and read the instructions several times. However, I am still unable to pair my wireless sensors to my ibike. I updated my firmware twice (the second time after the initial pairing attempts failed) to be sure that the firmware loaded correctly. Everything has new batteries in it. I am getting the "WLS FAIL" message in less than 10 seconds, so I gather there is a communication issue?

Let me know if anyone can help.

thanks,

Ted
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Failed pairing of wireless sensors

Post by Site_Admin »

If you'll e-mail me directly, I'll talk you through it and help you troubleshoot.
tyhaar

Re: Failed pairing of wireless sensors

Post by tyhaar »

Hi,

I had the same problem while reading the instructions for the ibike aero and could not get my Garmin combo sensor to pair. It did not say that it had to be on the wireless mount in the instructions that I could see from the CD I had. I finally looked on the video's with the CD and listened to John (I think it was him) and noticed he mounted the computer on the wireless mount. Duh.. :roll: It only made sense then why it did not work several times.

It might be helpful to update the Garmin pairing instructions (PDF file on CD) at least with a sentence to say have it mounted on with your particular mount before you attempt to pair your device. It may have said that somewhere else on the CD with the other PDF docs but didn't find it.

Thanks....

Ty
Ty