SPD Fail+Pairing-Please Help

jlbeau

SPD Fail+Pairing-Please Help

Post by jlbeau »

I have been an avid iBike user for 2 1/2 years and have not come across this problem. On my ride last night about 2/3 through the ride I saw a "SPD Fail" message. Thinking my sensor may have moved or a battery died I thought nothing of it. When I got home I repositioned the sensor and heard the clicking sound. I woke up the sensor and still had a SPD Fail but now I could not get my CAD or HRM sensor to work. I hard reset all 4 sensors and replaced all 4 batteries. I began to re-pair the sensors. I have tried this a number of times. Each time when I scan for the sensors I will always get a SPD Fail message and no other sensors will be found. It is like the scanning process stops once the SPF Fail message appears. The unit will power up when I wake it and go through the battery test and will go through the auto wind, but just won't pair in the scan process. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts the comminity could provide.....Thanks in advance.........

j
rcmaps

Re: SPD Fail+Pairing-Please Help

Post by rcmaps »

Did you change the battery on the mount?

I think the mount picks up the wireless signals. You mentioned changing 4 batteries instead of 5.
jlbeau

Post by jlbeau »

Yes I changed the mount. The only battery I did not change was the HRM
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

Could be a problem with the mount itself.

Not sure how you can test that though with a multimeter?
Someone else may be able to offer suggestions.
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

Just remembered one more thing you could try since you had performed a hard reset.

I remember reading here sometime ago a response to wireless issues.

If you do a hard reset on the sensors, you're supposed to activate or wake all the sensors up by waving a magnet in front of the cadence and speed sensors, put on your HRM after wetting the electrodes, then wait for 1 - 2 minutes.

After that, try to perform a SCAN on the iBike and it should work.

Good luck.