What do I do if I lose my wireless pairing?

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

What do I do if I lose my wireless pairing?

Post by Velocomp »

1) If you lose your wireless pairing AND you have previously saved a profile that included the pairing codes, simply upload your profile to your iBike and your pairing should be restored.

2) If step one fails, then you have one of two problems: 1) your old profile doesn't have the correct codes stored in them; 2) you removed the sensor batteries prior to trying step one

If step 1) fails and you HAVE NOT performed the multiple coast-down and 4 mile ride:

1) If you haven't performed the multiple coast-down and four mile ride calibration, NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO DO SO. Pair your sensors, perform the calibration, analyze your data with iBike 2, then ACCEPT PROFILE AND UPLOAD TO IBIKE. This sends your composite data to the iBike AND saves your profile (including correct pairing data) to your computer.

OR

If step 1) fails and you HAVE performed (and saved) the multiple coast-down and 4 mile ride:

1) Using iBike 2 upload your saved profile to your iBike (this step makes sure you have the correct calibration data stored in your iBike).

2) Re-pair your sensors

3) Connect your iBike to your USB adapter and launch iBike 2

4) Go to Profiles/Edit Profiles...

5) Highlight the Profile that is stored in your iBike

6) Click on the "Advanced Profile Settings" button

7) Check the box that says "Wireless Enable"

8) Click the button that says "Get from iBike". THIS STEP CAPTURES THE NEW PAIRING CODES CREATED IN STEP 2. If you're running 2.0.4 or higher you will see the pairing codes appear in the windows.

9) Click the "Accept" button. Return to the main window and click the "Accept" button again!

Your NEW pairing codes are now stored with your OLD profile
John Hamann
racerfern

Re: What do I do if I lose my wireless pairing?

Post by racerfern »

If you're running 2.0.4 or higher you will see the pairing codes appear in the windows.
I can't seem to find v 2.0.4 at the website. Do you have a link for it. I only see 2.0.1 which I currently have.
Fernando
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Post by Site_Admin »

I had trouble finding it as well. It's there, I think, but I need to find it.

Wait 2 days and then check again or e-mail me and I'll try to get it to you via an alternative method.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

iBike 2.0.4 is now posted on our website. Below are detailed directions regarding how to install it and how to match new wireless pairing IDs with old, stored profiles.

HOW TO STORE NEW WIRELESS PAIRING IDS WITH OLD PROFILES

If you have previously stored a profile in your iBike 2 software using your wireless setup then your profile contains your old pairing IDs. So, if for any reason you re-pair your iBike with new wireless IDs, every time you send the "old" profile over to your iBike you wipe out your new pairing IDs.

Fortunately, there is a simple way to fix this. Here's what to do:

1) PERFORM THE COMPLETE PAIRING PROCESS ON YOUR IBIKE. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE PROFILE THAT IS STORED IN YOUR IBIKE; we will fix that below.

2) download iBike 2 version 2.0.4.

http://www.ibikesports.com/downloads.html

3) Install 2 0 4. When you get to the part about your Si Labs drivers, select the "maintain" option (you already have these drivers installed on your computer)

4) Plug in your USB adapter and launch your new iBike 2_0_4 program. Go to "Device/Connect.." to re-establish communications with your USB adapter. Click Accept when the adapter is found.

5) Connect your iBike to your USB adapter. Press the center button to turn it on.

6) Go to Profiles/Edit Profiles...a window will appear.

7) CLICK THE PROFILE THAT YOU WANT TO UPDATE TO YOUR NEW PAIRING CODES. It will be in the list and will be highlighted in blue.

8) Rename the Profile you've highlighted, in the Profile Name box to the right of the list, something like: "12/24/07 profile, new pairing IDs 3/30/08" or whatever you want.

9) Click the Advanced Profile Settings... button. A new window will appear.

10) You will see the profile data from your old profile in the top right section of the window. DO NOT CHANGE THE NUMBERS IN THE BOXES OR CLICK THE TILT CAL BUTTON IN THE TOP LEFT SIDE OF THE WINDOW.

11) In the bottom left center of the window, check the box "Wireless Enable" and check the boxes "Cadence Enable" and "HR Enable".

12) CLICK THE BUTTON "GET FROM IBIKE" THAT IS IN THE WIRELESS ENABLE SECTION. When you do this, the (new) pairing IDs stored in your iBike will be downloaded from your iBike and will appear in the the three "ID" windows.

13) IMPORTANT: Click the "Accept" button at the bottom of the window. When you do, your NEW pairing IDs will be married to your OLD profile.

14) After clicking "Accept" you will return to the previous screen.

15) CRITICAL: On this screen, click the "Send to iBike" button. THIS SENDS YOUR OLD PROFILE AND YOUR NEW PAIRING COEFFICIENTS TO THE IBIKE. Until you click this button, your old profile (with new pairing IDs) won't be stored in your iBike.

16) VERY CRITICAL: the final step is to click the Accept button on this screen. This saves your profile (old drag coefficients and new pairing IDs) to the profile name you have given.

After completing this step check things to be sure your pairing still works. Also, in the TOTALS screens of your iBike you can confirm that the "old" drag coefficients were stored.

NOTE: we will be making another update to the iBike 2 software soon that will automate this entire process much better.
John Hamann