Watts Not Displaying at beginning of ride

fdvh

Watts Not Displaying at beginning of ride

Post by fdvh »

At the beginning of each ride, my speed/cadence/hr sensors are found by my iPro. As I start the ride, all sensors are working (ie, speed, cadence, and hr rate all show on the meter). However, it takes about 5 minutes of riding until the WATTS show (even though the little up-down arrow does look to be working). It just shows "00," even though I start my ride up a 9% hill, so I know I'm putting in watts.

But, once the watts show (as I'm riding and not touching any buttons), they seem very accurate and are not intermittent at all. I'm wondering if I have something set on my software or something that may have caused this to happen, as it didn't happen last year at all.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.
coachboyd

Re: Watts Not Displaying at beginning of ride

Post by coachboyd »

This is the tilt correction kicking in. It takes five minutes worth of data and then applies the correction to your tilt.

If you simply do a tilt calibration before your next ride you will have accurate watts from the start. I usually do about one tilt calibration every other week or so.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
Morocco Mole

Re: Watts Not Displaying at beginning of ride

Post by Morocco Mole »

Agree, your tilt must be way out, the iBike probably thinks you are going down a steep hill until the auto tilt cal does it's thing.