"cadence off"

jasonod

"cadence off"

Post by jasonod »

The last 2 rides I have not had cadence data. When I mount the iAero, it scans and finds speed and heart rate, but then after a few seconds it reads "cadence off" and "pin off".

1) I cannot figure out how to turn the cadence "on"
2) I thought that with the new firmware, the unit didn't need to scan for sensors anymore, and that once it did a battery test and wind calibration you were good to go?

Please advise,

Jason
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: "cadence off"

Post by Velocomp »

Jason:

It sounds like one of two things is going on:

1) your cadence sensor has been knocked out of position so that it is not waking up. Make sure that the cadence magnet passes within about one coin thickness from your cadence sensor. You may need to rotate your cadence sensor so that you achieve this close spacing

2) your cadence battery is dead. Sensor batteries need to be replaced every year. If this is the case, remove your battery and replace it. Then, wake up your sensors and perform a Scan operation (press-hold top and bottom arrows together for 2 seconds and release when Scan appears). You should see your sensors found.
John Hamann
jasonod

Post by jasonod »

Yes, that seemed to work. Until about 1:30:00 into my ride I saw "speed off" and then everything failed. So after my ride I replaced the speed sensor battery and also the iBike mount battery- that one hasn't been replaced in 3 years. For good measure I then replaced the iBike battery as well. I assume everything should be good now. Thanks,

Jason
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Assuming you're using FW 418 you will need to do a Scan after installing new sensor batteries.

3 years between battery changes is a long time!!!
John Hamann