Difficulty pairing to sensors

Difficulty pairing to sensors

Postby chrus101 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:49 am

Hi all,

For my last two rides my iAero has been having problems pairing to the speed, cadence and HR sensors. This morning I put the iAero on the mount, turned it on, Batt test good, and wind cal performed as usual. However, it then wouldn't pick up the sensors. On my 20 min ride to my meeting point I kept trying to scan the sensors in the setup mode...no joy. When I got to my meeting point I did a hard reset and rescan & was ok for the rest of the ride until a coffee stop. When i started off again the unit again wouldn't automatically pick up the sensors but ok when rescanned. About 30 min later I noticed that contact was lost again. Rescanned while riding and ok again until i got home. I had a similar scenario on my previous ride.
Sometimes when i try to rescan in setup mode pressing the red button has no effect, i.e. normally if you select "yes" and press the centre button then the "0" flashes and the number changes as sensors are found. However, I sometimes find the "0" doesn't flash and pressing the centre button has no effect.

Also three rides ago I put in a new battery and got "lo batt" readings, dimming screen and eventually turned off. Stopped riding and opened the battery compartment, fiddled with the battery and put the cover back on, Ride ok after that.

After the last 2 rides had another look at the battery and noticed that the cover seems significantly looser than it used to be. One side of it is ca. 0.5-1.0 mm proud of the actual iAero. The opposite side is flush. If you push on the proud side it can be moved to the flush position (as seen on the opposite side). The cover is on correctly, i.e. not somehow crossthreaded. Could this be causing the intermitant pairing problem?

I have had some pairing issues in the past month or so but have ignored them as they were sorted by scanning in setup mode.

Just put the unit back on the mount and restarted, ok this time. Riding again tomorrow so will update.
I have the latest firmware (4.18) and iAero battery new. Other batteries less than 1 month. Wireless mount secure.

Cheers, Chris
chrus101
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Difficulty pairing to sensors

Postby Velocomp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:27 am

Chris:

Please replace all batteries in all devices: speed, cadence, HR, mount, and iBike. Put the batteries in backwards momentarily for all devices; this causes each to hard reset. Then, awaken all sensors with magnets or hand grasp (HR sensor). Then, WAIT ONE MINUTE. When new batteries are installed a peculiar code is broadcast for one minute. The iBike can't pair until that peculiar code stops broadcasting.

Then, perform a Scan process. Everything should pair and, hopefully, you won't have any problems after that.

Let us know...
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO
 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:43 am

Re: Difficulty pairing to sensors

Postby chrus101 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I have the answer! Was having problems again today and as a final resort in the process of taking the iAero off the mount to do a hard reset the battery, batt cover and a small slither of black plastic fell out. My earlier observation of the cover being a bit loser than I remembered obviously had some merit. The slither of plastic was a bit of the thread from the batt cover. It can no longer be closed without falling off. The unit is under warranty, should I contact Aaron?

Cheers, Chris
chrus101
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Difficulty pairing to sensors

Postby chrus101 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi,

Got a reply from John and Aaron on a Sunday, pretty good service don't you think.

Cheers, Chris
chrus101
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Difficulty pairing to sensors

Postby chrus101 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 pm

An update. Received a new battery cover. Initially the iAero wouldn't pick up the sensors, including doing a scan in setup, so did a hard reset on spd, cad and HR sensors. Still no joy so did a hard reset of the wireless mount and worked like a charm. Had three rides now and no troubles with pairing.

Cheers, chris
chrus101
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Return to Wireless Troubleshooting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest