Missing cadence data

dtrousdale

Missing cadence data

Post by dtrousdale »

I have an iAero+Quarq setup. Last night in a class using an indoor trainer, none of my cadence data was recorded even though the iAero displayed cadence data for more than an hour. At the beginning of the class, I did the usual routine: (1) set iAero to trainer mode and (2) scan for wireless devices. Typically the scan window displays a "3" at the end of the scan sequence for SPD FOUND, HRT FOUND, and PIN FOUND, and also typically it displays CAD OFF. However, last night it displayed CAD FOUND, and a "4" was displayed at the top of the Scan window at the end of the scan sequence. I repeated the scan procedure several times with the same result. Once or twice, a "3" was displayed, but the unit soon displayed CAD FOUND again, and the "3" was replaced by a "4". Since cadence was showing up as usual on the iAero Power screen, I assumed everything was copasetic until I got home and downloaded the data. This was the sixth in a weekly series of training classes, but this has never happened during the class before. What could be going on? Do you suppose I'm getting interference from some other wireless devices? I think the guy next to me had a wireless SRM, but I thought ANT+ used coded signals such that this would not be a problem. I'm attaching my ride file in case that is of any help in diagnosing this problem.
coachboyd

Re: Missing cadence data

Post by coachboyd »

If you are scanning for wireless devices, and anybody near you has an AnNT+ Sport sensor, you will find their sensor.

If you already have your iBike paired to your sensors you shouldn't have to do a scan, once you start riding it will look for the paired sensors and find them (and not look for any other sensors).

I am not sure why the cadence data wouldn't be displayed, maybe because you were already paired to your own DFPM but it was reading off another source. Maybe Travis can chime in on that.

But the only scan you should have to do is when you first pair your sensors (like after a battery change)
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
dtrousdale

Re: Missing cadence data

Post by dtrousdale »

BTW I just completed a similar workout at home today with exactly the same equipment and following all the same procedures, but this time the cadence data was recorded as normal.