Can't pair sensors after using in trainer mode

swdenver

Can't pair sensors after using in trainer mode

Post by swdenver »

Last week, I obtained the code for the trainer and successfully unlocked it. I rode on the trainer both days last weekend and the iBike Pro worked wonderfully. However, when I turn the trainer mode off, I can no longer get the unit to pair with the sensors on that same bike that I used on the trainer. I have tried everything including re-loading the 4.03 firmware. When I set the unit the Scan for the sensors, it always returns WLS_FAIL. Any suggestions?
swdenver

Re: Can't pair sensors after using in trainer mode

Post by swdenver »

I have finally figured out the problem. It appears that my stem mount is not working. I have 2 mounts for my 2 bikes.
I have been having problems getting the iBike to respond on one bike (keeps saying WLS_FAIL) and after trying numerous
things, I could never get it to work. So I decided to try the mount on my other bike and it does work. It reads the speed,
cadence and HR sensors (on the bike that the original stem mount didn't pick up). But of course, I don't want to switch those stem
mounts back and forth. Is there anything else I can do to diagnose that non-working stem mount or does it appear that I just need
a new stem mount?
coachboyd

Re: Can't pair sensors after using in trainer mode

Post by coachboyd »

You probably need a new stem mount. If the sensors inside there go bad, there's nothing that can be done about it except to be replaced. Give John Hamann and email at jhamann@velocomp.com
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories