Another WLS Fail

GaryNMelbourne

Another WLS Fail

Post by GaryNMelbourne »

Hi,

I've been using the IBike Pro now for about 6 weeks. Just recently I have started to get the WLS Fail message on the display. This never happened until the last two weeks. Typically I have to do a battery removal and replacement from the head end unit (reboot) to get it to recover. Sometimes this does not fix the problem and I have to do a few reboots to get it to finally synch up and recognize everything. Any ideals on what I may be doing wrong. This just happens out of the blue probably a couple times per week now.

One other note that may be associated is as follows: When I plug the IBike into the computer and connect via usb.....the IBike Windows Software thinks that I have another external power meter (SRM meter) connected and wants to update some wireless IDs. I always cancel out of this.

I don't know if these two issues are some how related or symptoms of the wireless fail......I tend to think the WLS Fail message did not start happening until the PC program starting prompting me for the external power meter.

Thanks,
Gary
atimmer

Re: Another WLS Fail

Post by atimmer »

Hi Gary,

Please contact me at atimmer at velocomp dot com for tech support.

Thanks,
Aaron
GaryNMelbourne

Re: Another WLS Fail

Post by GaryNMelbourne »

Aaron,

The firmware upgrade seems to have solved the problem. Two rides with no issues. Small sample size but things look good. If I see anything else I'll let you know.

Please pass along that the new 4.0 firmware is much improved......great enhancements from what I can see.

Thanks again,
Gary