WLS FAIL

racerfern

WLS FAIL

Post by racerfern »

Riding yesterday to work I suddenly got WLS FAIL. Hitting the center button twice, it found CAD,SPD,HRT and continued recording. It happened two more times over an 18 mile ride in about an hour. Same thing on the way home. This has never happened before. It's the same road traveled regularly, no potholes or anything else unusual. It does seem that the failure was at either the head unit or the iBike itself since it found all three sensors not one of the three like it does when you walk away from the bike at a rest stop.

Got home and checked the battery in the wireless head unit. It read 2.89. The iBike itself was at 2.77 at the end of the ride. I've been a lot lower than that and never had a problem.

The one thing I did do a couple of days ago was to redo the head unit setup on the handlebar because the entire thing rotated during a rough road century. I put a new banjo foam, and cranked down on the screws until the two halves touched. This is the most solid the mount has ever been, for sure.

Ideas, suggestions?
Fernando
Foothills Rider

Re: WLS FAIL

Post by Foothills Rider »

I am having similar problems. The unit had been flawless, but it had wireless fail a couple times last week. It would eventually find the sensors (all except HR, which I cannot revive despite new batteries, etc...) Today, I am travelling, and have the trainer, and cannot get the sensors to kick in at all. The battery is at 2.95. This is the longest I have had without finding sensors.

Suggestions (other than trying to re-pair?)

Thanks!

Bill
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Re: WLS FAIL

Post by Site_Admin »

Guys - check the mounts and tell me if they have a satisfying 'click' at the end. If not, e-mail me off-list.