WLS Fail

mccork

WLS Fail

Post by mccork »

Just got a new GenIII unit (warranty replacement) and now on my first 3 rides since, I got the WLS Fail message; once on the trainer, twice for outdoor rides. One after about 50 min, after stopping (on the trainer), once after 1hr 10 min and once after 2 hours (didn't stop either time). When I get WLS fail message I am unable to get the unit working again during that ride. I noticed that the unit itself is still working (tilt looks correct) but no speed, cadence or HR.

I did a hard reset of the mount and unit before my ride today but same issue.

If the problem is with the mount, why would it start when I get the new Gen III unit? I don't understand that.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Kevin
bex
Location: 'twixt Sylvan Lake and Eckville in Alberta, born in Manchester England. Always an Englishman

Re: WLS Fail

Post by bex »

Did you try new batteries in the head unit and/or cadence & speed sensors. I got this issue last weekend.
But then changed out the battery in the head unit and was back in business.

Best of luck

Bex
mccork

Post by mccork »

I'll try new batteries all around to see if that solves the issue.

Thanks.
mccork

Post by mccork »

All brand new batteries and issue is still occurring. I have to assume the connection from the mount to my new unit is not working correctly. I also noticed that my new battery in the ibike is down to 275 after only 40 min riding. I don't know if that is the same issue or not.

Other than a new mount any ideas?

Kevin