Wireless Mount-Voltage Loss

jparker

Wireless Mount-Voltage Loss

Post by jparker »

I've noticed that my new wireless mount (Warranty replacement) is eating my batteries. I'm not sure why but I can put a brand new battery in and 3 rides later it has to be changed. My other wireless mount (2nd bike) goes a couple months before it needs to be changed. I've got a volt meter and have been checking it often to make sure that was the problem. It took me about 5 weeks to realize what was going on so if someone has any suggestions why this is happening let me know :?: Thanks Jeff
Morocco Mole

Re: Wireless Mount-Voltage Loss

Post by Morocco Mole »

I've noticed recently also that my wireless mount is eating batteries. My bike sites overnight in a garage and here in Brisbane Australia, winter has just started, night temps are getting as low as 8 Celcius or 47 F. My problem may be caused by the poor performance of these batteries in cold weather, I've kept them all so will see if they recover when it warms up.
jparker

Re: Wireless Mount-Voltage Loss

Post by jparker »

Yeah I know the cold weather will cause the batteries to loss voltage more quickly but the temps. here have been from the mid 60's to the low 90's so I know that's not the issue. I've got another bike which is also set up with a wireless mount and even in the winter time the battery in the ibike computer was what went first not the mount so I'm kind of at a loss why it's using the battery up even when it's not in use. I think I'm going to have to send it back and let them test it because it should last a longer than 2 or 3 rides.