Remote Wind Sensor Instructions

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Remote Wind Sensor Instructions

Post by Velocomp »

Updated January 2016

NOTE: ON NEWTONS WITH THE GREEN WIND VANE, REMOVE THE WIND VANE BEFORE INSTALLING THE REMOTE WIND SENSOR!
Attachments
RemoteWindSensor012616_red.pdf
(471.3 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
John Hamann
mccork

Re: Remote Wind Sensor Instructions

Post by mccork »

There was mention in another post about a fix to keep the tube from popping out of the wind port. Is this fix available? I just received my RWS and I am having no luck preventing it from popping out I am doing everything as mentioned in the instructions). There is a square piece of plastic that was part of my package. How is this to be used and is it the solution? I didn't see anything about this piece in the instructions document.

Kevin
dtrousdale

Post by dtrousdale »

I just use two little strips of electrician's tape on either side of the piece that fits in the wind port. It's not pretty, but it's simple and comes off easily.
mccork wrote:There was mention in another post about a fix to keep the tube from popping out of the wind port. Is this fix available? I just received my RWS and I am having no luck preventing it from popping out I am doing everything as mentioned in the instructions). There is a square piece of plastic that was part of my package. How is this to be used and is it the solution? I didn't see anything about this piece in the instructions document.

Kevin
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you use your iBike primarily on a TT bike, we've found that a bit of crazy glue does a fantastic job of holding the plug in the wind port. The plug is pretty-much glued permanently into the wind port (though it can be removed with a bit of tugging) so if you're mounting your iBike on a stem make sure you have room to rotate the iBike off the stem without hitting the aero bars.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

FWIW - this looks like your first or second post on the BB. The BB is where most of the action takes place for support on this product line. Some comes from users like myself. Much comes from Coach Boyd, John and Travis as they all chime in when we don't have the right answers or there is something new or they cut to the chase.

You may have an honest gripe, but if you have been reading the BB while waiting for help from Velocomp and communicating on the BB, you may have gotten some pointers to help you out during the delay.

This is a friendly group here, we want to keep it friendly.

Tom
NCH1

Post by NCH1 »

I agree, disparaging comments are not welcome. A more constructive use of time would be to do an advanced search of the posts to see how others have resolved their problems.

Nik
gerrard

Post by gerrard »

These instructions say you must do coast downs then a cal ride. Is this still relevant / necessary / appropriate? Reading other (more current) forum posts suggest that coast downs are not so necessary. For what reasons should I do or not do them?

Thanks
Gerrard
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The only thing that's important with the RWS is the Cal Ride. The Cal Ride figures out the calibration of your remote wind sensor. Coast downs are not necessary.
John Hamann
back_marker

Post by back_marker »

I am trying to download the pdf, but there seems to be an issue. I've tried on two laptops and an ipad. On the laptops, I get an Adobe Acrobat alert: There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

Could someone please upload a new version of this?
Thanks in advance
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

back_marker wrote:
Could someone please upload a new version of this?
Thanks in advance
OK, updated and uploaded! Should work now...
John Hamann