Mac versus PC

David Stachon

Mac versus PC

Post by David Stachon »

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any notable differences between the software for the PC versus the Mac. I noticed with my Garmin, the software was really lousy for the Mac, but great for the PC.

I have both, so I'm wondering which machine I should install it on.

thanks,
david.
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Mac versus PC

Post by travispape »

David Stachon wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if there were any notable differences between the software for the PC versus the Mac. I noticed with my Garmin, the software was really lousy for the Mac, but great for the PC.

I have both, so I'm wondering which machine I should install it on.

thanks,
david.
Functionally, iBike2 for the two platforms are as identical as possible. The only differences are the few necessitated by the difference between the two platforms. It's free to download for both plaforms and try with both, but you should find both to work the same. (And let me know if you see differences.)

Travis
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Travis is a PC, I am a Mac (music in the background please). The two versions of iBike 2 are developed with the identical development system. When Travis finishes his cool stuff he pushes a few buttons and the development system spits out a PC version and a Mac version. I've used them both and they are identical in functionality and very very similar in appearance. They are so close that the iBike 2 directions change interchangeably between Mac and PC screen shots.
John Hamann
David Stachon

Post by David Stachon »

perfect. exactly what I wanted to hear.
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

tommyturbo wrote:I have another Mac vs. PC question. I will be cycling in Europe, and will have access to a Mac. I use a PC, and that is where my iBike software resides.

Is it possible to download iBike files to a Mac, and then use the files/data on a PC? I would take the iBike software, or download the Mac software onto a flash drive. I would then have my Mac files on the flash drive when I returned from the trip. Would those files be useable on my PC?
Yep, all of that is going to work fine. All of the file formats are the same for the 2 platforms.

If you are taking your bike and want to keep using your same profile, be sure to export the *.ibp file from your home computer so that you can import it on the Mac.

Travis